Wednesday 31 December 2014

Beautiful Panama !

Back in  May 2014 I attended a conference in Orlando.  Having birded that area of Florida a couple of times already I decided to look further afield.  I had never been to Central America so decided a quick hop to Panama might be fun.  The flight is around 3 hours so not a long stretch by any means.

I was to stay at the Canopy Lodge for 5 days.  It currently is difficult to book a private guide but when I was there the group size for the standard outings was 2 !  It's best to use flash for some of the more dense Jungle areas, I highly recommend the Better Beamer in this environment.

I was very impressed with Panama as a whole,  people were very friendly and I definitely hope to go back one day.

Difficult to pick just a few images but here are a few of my favorites.


Green Kingfisher (Chloroceryle americana)


Yellow-throated Euphonia (Euphonia hirundinacea)


Red-legged Honeycreeper (Cyanerpes cyaneus)


Plain Antvireo (Dysithamnus mentalis)


Broad-billed Motmot (Electron platyrhynchum) 


Basilisk Lizard (Basiliscus basiliscus)


Rufous-tailed Hummingbird (Amazilia tzacatl)


Spectacled Owl (Pulsatrix perspicillata)


Blue-diademed Motmot (Momotus lessonii)


Pale-eyed Pygmy-tyrant (Atalotriccus pilaris)


Lesser Yellow-headed Vulture (Cathartes burrovianus)


Crested Caracara (Caracara cheriway)

1 comment: