Wednesday 12 January 2011

Buff-Bellied Pipit 12.1.11

Took an hour at first light this morning to look for the 3rd time for a reported Buff-Bellied Pipit at the Pivot Fields. Not an easy task with so many Water Pipits about !  Tried to get close with my beanbag for a low angle shot but the bird was having nothing of it.   So trekked back to the car for my Tripod hoping that I would be able to re-find the Pipit.  Surprisingly enough (and you would know why if you knew me) I actually did re-find it :-)

The bird was very shy and with no cover I had to opt for a longer range shot from the Tripod so results not too good.  But hey it was a lifer !

Also had enough time to capture two lovely Stonechat, a Daurian Isabelline Shrike and a Graceful Prinia at the same time.

 Buff-Bellied Pipit
(Anthus rubescens)
 Buff-Bellied Pipit
(Anthus rubescens)
 Daurian Isabelline Shrike
(Lanius isabellinus)
Graceful Prinia
(Prinia gracilis )

 European Stonechat
(Saxicola torquatus)
European Stonechat
(Saxicola torquatus)



1 comment:

  1. Great serie, all image are technically perfect. The 2 Stonechat are so nice!

    ReplyDelete